We had smoked cod for dinner tonight, and Rob loves to have his with mustard sauce so I thought I would attempt to make it. Basically it’s just a white sauce with mustard. Simple. We didn’t have butter so I used cream and it turned out very nicely.
Approx 1.5 tbs cream
2 tsp plain flour
1. Heat cream in microwave for about 10-15 seconds.
2. Add flour and make a paste.
3. Add a small amount of milk (under 1/4 of a cup) and microwave for 10-20 seconds and sir. If the sauce isn’t thickening, microwave for a little longer.
4. Repeat step three until you have a nice thick sauce.
5. Add Whole grain mustard to taste.
6. Add a dash of American mustard.