This is a nice basic biscuit recipe. it’s not to sweet. and it lends itself to heaps of different variations
125g butter at room temperature (I just put mine in the microwave for 20 seconds on defrost)
1/4 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup icing sugar (I only did this because I ran out of caster sugar).
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1 egg (take out of the fridge about 1/2 hour before making this recipe)
1.5 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
a small amount of milk
Mix butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until creamed. Add the egg and mix until all combined. next sift flour and baking powder into mixture. Add a small amount of milk and mix until just combined.
I think separated a couple of spoonfuls of mixture into a separate bowl and added different ingredients. the combinations i tried out where:
- brown sugar and cinnamon – yum
- cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves (Sneyok style) – yum
- brown sugar and coco powder
- custard powder
- coconut – yum yum yum (I didn’t expect this one to be so good)!
- hazelnut meal and vanilla
- strawberry and vanilla jam (jam drops)
- raspberry jam (jam drops) – yum
- cookie wrapped around a chocolate drop
- chocolate drop on top of cookie
Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for about 10 minutes. I like mine soft so I take mine out before they brown…just cook to your liking.
yes, I did get a little carried away. But as I sit here with my cup of tea and a sneyok cookie… I’m in heaven. yum
p.s I haven’t tasted all these versions yet. I’ll update after the weekend (or maybe tonight😉 ) and mark if they are successful or not.